What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. These cookies can be used to enhance your experience of a website, creating greater personalisation of the content and services you see. Cookies are also used by third parties like Google, to enable them to provide statistical data of website visitors.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the below websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
We have tried to cover all cookies in this list that we or our service providers use.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works.
By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
These are needed for the website to run, it does not collect any information about the user and expires at the end of use.
Google Analytics Cookies
We use Google Analytics for our analysis of website statistics. Google sets cookies to help us see estimated numbers of visitors to the website and volumes of usage. To understand these further and see their default expiration time please visit https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
Other Google Cookies
- OTZ - Google uses these cookies to help customize ads on Google properties like Google Search. It uses them to remember what the user has clicked to be able to better advertise to their specific browsing behaviour.
- APISID, SID, SSID, SAPISID, NID, HSID - These cookies are from Google maps and are used to store and see the behaviour of Google Map users.
- 1P_JAR - These cookies are used to gather website statistics, and track conversion rates.
You can read further details of Google's cookies here https://policies.google.com/technologies/types.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located.
These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog.
The information these cookies collect is anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Purple Tuesday Cookie Acceptance
Our website provides you with the options to agree to cookies being used. Clicking ‘I Accept’ will set a cookie called ‘cookieagree’ which will last for 14 days on the users browser and will stop the cookie confirmation pop-up from showing itself whilst the cookie still exists.
Purple Tuesday' CMS
For users of our Content Management System, the following cookies are used:
- .ASPXAUTH - for Windows authentication which allows the CMS to remember you’ve logged in. This cookie expires when the browser is closed.
- ASP.NET_SessionId - holds details of your current CMS session, ie. what website you are updating, the template list to use etc. This cookie expires when the browser is closed.
- CultureInfo - remembers your overall language choice (this is always set to en-GB). This cookie expires when the browser is closed.
- MCManager_im_lastPath - used by in-content image uploader dropped by TinyMCE Image Manager to remember the last path you uploaded an image to. This cookie expires after one month.